Tournament information, guides to selecting programs, and more:
- Update on COFO calendar: (Sunday, 12/8, 5:40 p.m.) The database of tournaments was corrupted by a faulty update, and the backup was also faulty. At this point, I have full data for 94% of the tournaments and 99% of the overall database recovered – the difference is that all of the data that is missing refers to the start/end dates of tournaments, many of which I have either in invites or in emails. I will contact those tournament directors when I don’t have dates (and yes, this will include tournaments that already happened).
I now have an alternate calendar and have begun the process of restoring the data, starting with December 2013 tournaments, then moving to 2014 tournaments, and then returning back to tournaments that have taken place (restoring the previous data). The webmaster asks for patience – I’m trying to do this and grade 500+ pages of papers/theses. At this point, I count 170 tournaments that will be happening for which I have dates; 127 are on the calendar. There are 24 more tournaments for which I don’t have dates.
- 2012-2013 calendar information can also be found on the “tournament calendar” link as well. 347 tournaments are included (update: these will be restored soon). Note: Policy debate tournaments have now moved to tabroom.com.
- For reference, the 2011-2012 calendar 2011-2012 calendar (version 35, January 22, 2012) is still available. For researchers needing past calendars, please contact the webmaster.
- Allen Louden’s guide to selecting a college debate program (also lots of good information for individual events as well)
- A brief list of some intercollegiate debate workshops (IPDA, NPDA, NFA-LD) is now available.
- Other information, such as justifications for programs, is under development.